Fresh beef steak is warm red in colour, finely textured and has no distinctive smell. Never cook beef steak straight from the fridge; allow the beef to come to room temperature first.
- 600 g beef tenderloin, cut into 2cm thick steaks
- 80 ml olive oil
- 100 g onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 400 g crushed tomatoes, tinned
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Vegeta Beef stock powder
- 200 g goat cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Vegeta Stock Powder
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Simple 4 Persons 40 min
- 1 Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- 2 Season each steak with black pepper and brush with a little oil. Place on an oven proof tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- 3 In a hot pan add onion and garlic, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, button mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 4 Sauté for about 10 minutes, adding a little wine.
- 5 Add sugar (sugar or honey helps neutralize the acidity of tomatoes) and Vegeta Beef stock.
- 6 Pour the sauce over the baked tenderloin steaks, place a slice of goat cheese on top of each steak, and return to the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- 7 Sprinkle the steaks with chopped parsley and serve immediately.