- 2 teaspoons Vegeta Chicken stock powder
- 1½ tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 kg kent or Jap pumpkin, seeded, peeled and cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon chipotle in adobe* (or to taste)
- 1 orange, zest removed and juiced (you will need ¼ cup juice)
- 4 fresh corn tortillas
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- sour cream, to serve
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- coriander sprigs, to serve
Vegeta Chicken Stock Powder
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Simple 4 Persons35 min
- 1 Combine the stock powder with 1 litre of boiling water.
- 2 Heat oil in a large saucepan, add onion, garlic and cumin and cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, until onion is soft. Add cumin, cook, stirring for a minute. Add pumpkin, chipotle and stock, bring to a simmer over medium to high heat and cook uncovered for about 10 minutes, or until pumpkin is soft.
- 3 Deep fry tortillas one at a time in hot vegetable oil (about 180C) until golden and crisp. Drain on absorbent paper; break into large pieces.
- 4 Serve the soup with a spoonful of sour cream and garnish with orange zest, coriander, freshly ground black pepper and tortilla crisps.
- 5 * Chipotle in adobo is available from most delicatessens in the Mexican section.