When the lamb has cooled down a little, it is easier to cut presentable pieces.
- about 2,3 kg lamb round
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoon Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder
- 100 g panceta, cut in strips
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled, cut in strips
- 4 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled, cut in quarters
- 200 g carrot, cubes
- 400 g peas, canned, drained
- 80 g calamata olives
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Medium complexity 6 Persons 150 min
- 1 Using a sharp knife score the lamb in different places and make pits. Then fill the pits using the pancetta and garlic. Rub 1 tablespoon of Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder all over the meat and cook it in hot oil, turning so that it cooks evenly, all sides.
- 2 Place cooked lamb in an oven proof dish including the oil it was cooked in. Add a little water, cover with al-foil and cook in the preheated oven at 200ºC for around 2 hours. During the two hours of cooking, turn the lamb a few times and each time add a little water.
- 3 Cook the potatoes and carrots in lightly salted boiling water.
- 4 Prior to the end of baking, add the cooked potatoes, carrots, peas and olives to the lamb, mix through and bake for another 20 minutes.
- 5 Cut the lamb and serve with vegetables and salad.