Instead of dicing the onion, try slicing it into rings, sprinkling with salt to enhance the sweetness of the onion and frying it until golden. Crispy fried onion rings will look nice and taste great with these fish and vegetable shells.
- 500 g frozen filo pastry sheets
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 100 g onions, diced
- 100 g sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100 g tomatoes, diced
- 30 g raisins
- 1 tbsp Vegeta Delight vegetable stock powder
- 100 g Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 250 g filet of white fish, cut in strips
Vegeta Stock Powder
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Medium complexity 4 Persons 50 min
- 1 Preheat the oven at 220 ° C.
- 2 Separate the filo pastry sheets and cut 8 rounded shapes of pastry (roughly 9 cm in diameter – using a cup makes this easier).
- 3 Using a smaller cup press down in the middle of 4 pastry circles, creating a hole. Set aside.
- 4 In a small bowl mix the egg.
- 5 Line a baking tray with baking paper and place 4 pastry circles (without the hole) on it. Brush over with the egg and over the top place the pastry circles with the hole. Bake for 15 minutes.
- 6 In a saucepan heat up 2 tablespoons of olive oil, add onion and red pepper, garlic, tomatoes, raisins and Vegeta Delight vegetable stock and sauté for about 10-15 minutes. Add cups of water if necessary.
- 7 Add Swiss chard and parsley leaves and stir through.
- 8 In a pan heat up the remaining olive oil and fry the fish fillets until golden in colour.
- 9 Add the sautéed vegetables and stir gently.
- 10 Fill the baked pastry sheets with the fish and vegetable mixture and serve.