- 4 small beetroot, trimmed, reserve a few leaves for serving, wash all
- 5 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- 4 anchovies
- 2 tablespoons pure cream
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder
- ¼ medium red cabbage, finely shredded
- 100g baby kale leaves, or other salad leaves
- ¼ small red onion, finely sliced lengthways
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup chervil leaves
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon roasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- ¼ cup roasted walnuts, roughly chopped
Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Simple 6 Persons105 min
- 1 Preheat oven to 180C. Place beetroot on a double layer of foil, add half the olive oil, wrap with foil to seal. Roast for 1½ hours or until tender. Wrap garlic and remaining olive oil with foil, roast for final 40 minutes or until tender and slightly caramelised. Set beetroot and garlic aside to cool. Peel and quarter beetroot, peel garlic.
- 2 Blend garlic in a small food processor with the anchoves and cream until smooth. Blend in vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and stock powder.