Enjoy all the flavours of a fine slice of duck breast made very special with the addition of pine nuts, sultanas and pomegranate seeds.
- 4 tbsp oil
- 800 g duck breast
- 1 tbsp Vegeta Chicken stock powder
- 150-200 ml water
- 80 g sultanas
- 70-100 ml brandy
- 50 ml oilve oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 150 g rocket leaves
- 50 g pine nuts, toasted
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
Vegeta Stock Powder
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Simple 4 Persons60 min
- 1 Preheat oven to 200°C.
- 2 Heat oil in a pan and braise the duck breast. Transfer to a casserole or baking dish, sprinkle with Vegeta Chicken stock, add water, cover with aluminium foil and bake in oven for about 40 minutes.
- 3 Cut the rested and cooled duck breast into thin slices.
- 4 Soak the sultanas in brandy and drain.
- 5 Combine olive oil with balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt.
- 6 Arrange the sliced duck breast on a serving plate, top with rocket leaves, sprinkle with pine nuts, sultanas and pomegranate seeds.
- 7 Drizzle with a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar, and serve.
Brush oil over the duck breast and braise in a hot non-stick pan to prevent oil from burning or the meat sticking.