To the all time classic, ham and cheese pizza add grated zucchini and Vegeta. Serve at kids parties or when friends come to visit, and see all the slices disappear from the table.
- 7 g dried yeast
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¾ cup warm water
- 2 ½ cups plain flour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- pinch salt
- 300 ml pureed tomato
- 2 teaspoons Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 200 g mozzarella cheese, grated
- 100 g turkey ham, cut into strips
- 200 g zucchini, grated, well drained
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Simple 4 Persons50 min
- 1 To make the crust: Combine yeast and sugar and stir in warm water. Sift flour and salt into a bowl, add yeast mixture, olive oil and stir until combined.
- 2 Knead dough on a lightly floured surface for 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Roll dough out to a circle large enough to fit a 30 cm pizza tray. Grease the tray and place the dough over it.
- 3 Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- 4 To prepare the sauce: mix the pureed tomato with oregano, sugar and Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder.
- 5 Topping: Spread pizza with about ¾ of tomato sauce and top with the cheese, turkey strips and zucchini. Cover with the rest of tomato mix and bake for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
Add Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder to all types of sauces, whether it is tomato paste or pureed tomato. The taste is excellent. By layering firstly the sauce, topping and then sauce again, pizza becomes juicier.
The above recipe can also be used to make a few smaller pizzas or calzone (folded) pizza.