The aromas of three types of mushrooms, celery stalk and liquid stock, with quick preparation, are a true lure.
- 200 g leek, chopped
- 100 g celery stalks, chopped
- 50 g butter
- 300 g oyster mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 300 g button mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 150 g shiitake mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 200 g long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- grated parmesan
- Homemade liquid stock:
- 450 ml water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder
- 2-3 juniper berries
- 50 ml wine
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Simple 4 Persons35 min
- 1 Home made liquid stock: to boiling water add bay leaf, wine, Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder and juniper berries. Cook for about 2-3 minutes and let sit aside.
- 2 Melt the butter in hot pan and add in the leek and celery and cook for about a minute or so. Then add in the oyster, button and shitake mushrooms.
- 3 Cook further 5 minutes and then add in the rice. Cover with most of the liquid stock prepared earlier (leaving aside about 1-2 cups) and continue to simmer for about 15-20 minutes. As this is simmering gradually add the rest of the liquid stock.
- 4 Prior to serving sprinkle risotto with parsley and parmesan cheese.
In preparation of any risotto, liquid stock is very important. The above recipe for liquid stock can be used for all types of risottos including meat, seafood or vegetable risotto.