Good quality veal, white wine, juicy tomato and persciutto, are a true invitation to try this meal. Who knows maybe this will become a regular on your cooking repertour.
- 600 g veal steaks, cut thinly
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 g bread crumbs
- 600 ml water
- 2 teaspoons Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 200 g onion, grated
- 160 g carrots, grated
- 100 g tomatoes, cubed
- 200 ml white wine
- 1-2 prosciutto slices (50g), chopped
- 100 ml cooking cream
- 80 g parsley chopped
Vegeta Stock Powder
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Medium complexity 4 Persons60 min
- 1 Sprinkle the veal lightly with salt and thin them using a mallet. Make a few small cuts, on one side only.
- 2 Sprinkle one side of each steak with bread crumbs.
- 3 Liquid stock: in 600 ml boiling water add 2 teaspoons Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder and cook shortly.
- 4 In a pan heat up the oil and fry the onion, carrot and tomatoes. Cover with white wine and simmer shortly.
- 5 Add the veal to the vegetables and cover with liquid stock. Cook for a minute or so and add the prosciutto. Cook until the meat softens.
- 6 Just prior to finishing the recipe add in cooking cream and stir through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Liquid Stock prepared with Vegeta will make the fillets juicier and it will bring out the flavour of the meal.
When thinning the stakes with a mallet, cover them with plastic kitchen foil.