Marinated filet of cod fried with a little olive oil and combined with potatoes in a thick and creamy stew, seems like a perfect start to a Christmas Eve dinner.
- 1 kg filet of cod (or other fish as desired), cut in pieces
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Vegeta Delight vegetable stock powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 50 ml olive oil
- 150 g onions, chopped
- 600 g potatoes
- 400-500 ml water
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50 ml dry white wine
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Vegeta Stock Powder
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Simple 6 Persons60 min
- 1 Drizzle the fish with lemon juice and sprinkle Vegeta Delight vegetable stock. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2 Dust the fish pieces with flour.
- 3 In a pan heat olive oil and fry the fish for 5 minutes each side. Remove and let rest on a paper towel. Cover to keep warm.
- 4 Fry the onion in the remaining oil, add potatoes, season with salt and cover with enough water to cover the potatoes. Cook on low heat for about 15 minutes or until the potatoes soften.
- 5 Place the fish and garlic over the potatoes, add a little bit of water, if necessary and continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
- 6 Shortly before the fish and potatoes are done, add the wine and chopped parsley.
Use a large shallow casserole dish or Dutch oven and shake vigorously from time to time rather than stirring. If you prefer a thick stew, mash some of the potatoes with a fork.