Surprise your party guests with a steak dinner Dalmatian style, cooked in the oven with goat cheese and tomato and flavoured with a little white wine.
- 600 g beef tenderloin, cut into 2cm thick steaks
- 80 ml olive oil
- 100 g onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 250 g button mushrooms, cut in quarters
- 400 g crushed tomatoes, tinned
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp Vegeta Beef stock powder
- 200 g goat cheese
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
Vegeta Stock Powder
Preparation For this recipe you only need imagination!
Simple 4 Persons40 min
- 1 Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- 2 Season each steak with black pepper and brush with a little oil. Place on an oven proof tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- 3 In a hot pan add onion and garlic, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, button mushrooms and tomatoes.
- 4 Sauté for about 10 minutes, adding a little wine.
- 5 Add sugar (sugar or honey helps neutralize the acidity of tomatoes) and Vegeta Beef stock.
- 6 Pour the sauce over the baked tenderloin steaks, place a slice of goat cheese on top of each steak, and return to the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
- 7 Sprinkle the steaks with chopped parsley and serve immediately.
Fresh beef steak is warm red in colour, finely textured and has no distinctive smell. Never cook beef steak straight from the fridge; allow the beef to come to room temperature first.