Although Italian couisine has become popular all over the world, there is no end to new ways of how to prepare the always popular pasta. Olive oil, pancetta (cured and dried bacon) and the tomatoes, as well as many other seasonings, as for instance rocket leaves in the following recipe make the dish tastier in a new way and prove that there is no end to creating new combinations.
- Peel the eggplant, dice it and roll in flour. In a pan heat up the sunflower oil and fry the egplant shortly. Place them on the paper towel to drain the oil.
- Cook the pasta in a large pot, of salted water. Save half a cup of the water for later.
- Fry the onion and bacon in olive oil, pour over with wine and leave to cook.
- Add the tomatoes, Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder, pepper and chilli paprika.
- Mix and cook until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the fried eggplant, cooked and drained pasta and half a cup of the water you saved from cooking pasta.
- Add the rocket leaves and mix well.
Place in a serving bowl and sprinkle with grated sheep cheese.
You can use green radicchio instead of rocket leaves.
Previously fried cubes of eggplant will keep their shape also after putting it into tomato sauce.