- Cook pasta in salted water “al dente”, which means that they should not be overcooked.
- Drain pasta and keep half a cup of the liquid they had been cooked in.
- Peel the eggplants, sprinkle with salt and leave aside to rest shortly. Drain them on paper towels. Cut them into small cubes.
- Fry the eggplant in preheated butter in a larger saucepan.
- Add garlic, pepper, olives and Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder.
- Separately, fry the pine nuts, for a short time only.
- Add to eggplant: cooked pasta, olive oil, half of the pine nuts and add half a cup of the saved liquid.
- Cook shortly and when almost done, add coarsley chopped rocket leaves, parmesan cheese and mix well.
Serve hot after having sprinkled with the remaining pine nuts.
To make it even better, you can add to this meal finely chopped prawns.
Add the rocket leaves just before end of cooking, to keep the freshness and colour.