This simple, healthy and yet so tasty salad is a great quick meal.
The sauce complements and completes this recipe well.
This sauce recipe can also be used in combination with different meats and ways of preparing it.
- Cook the carrots and string-beans in mildly salted water until they start softening. Then drain.
- Cook the cabbage, also in mildly salted water, for about 2-3 minutes and drain.
- In a pan, heat up the oil and cook the tofu until it turns golden in colour. Then place on a kitchen paper towel, allowing the excess oil to absorb.
- Preparing the sauce:
- In a different pan heat up the oil and cook the onion and paprika, for a few minutes. Add in the tomatoes, Vegeta Chicken Stock Powder and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the vegetables from the heat, and allow to cool. Then they can be placed in the food processor and chopped finely.
- Remove from food processor and place the mixture in a porcelain or glass bowl. Then add garlic and hazelnuts and mix well. Allow the sauce to cool completely.
- Completion of the recipe:
- Combine the cooked carrot, string-beans, cabbage, chopped tomato, cucumbers, tofu and green soy sprouts. Sprinkle with Vegeta Chicken Stock Powder and stir through.
Sprinkle the sauce over the prepared vegetables.
If the sauce is refrigerated, it can last for a couple of days.