This recipe comes from Texas. It is traditionally hot and spicy, however the degree of spiciness, can be adjusted.
The chilli plants are easy to grow, which means you can use the freshest.
- Cut the veal into cubes, and then cook shortly in hot oil.
- Add onion, two hot chilli peppers, bay leaf, garlic, thyme, cumin and Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder. Mix well, and while cooking keep adding small amounts of water, just so the juices can mix.
- When the meat has nearly softened, add sugar, worcester sauce, cayenne pepper, and stir.
- Mix corn flour with the left over pepper and sprinkle over the meat.
- Mix thoroughly and pour in the water. Cook for about 10 minutes.
This hot and spicy meal can be served with corn bread.
The amount of hot peppers added to this dish can be regulated per taste and tolerance to spiciness.
This dish can also be frozen
Freezing: Divide the dish into planned meal sizes, place in freezer bags, then in a container and freeze for 2 hours. Remove from freezer and place the container in hot water, in order to separate the individual portions, and then these can be placed in the freezer separately.
Thawing: Remove and leave at room temperature, until the portions have party thawed. Then transfer in to a pan and slowly heat up while adding a little water, to recreate the sauce.
Duration: up to 60 days in the freezer