Replace the classic way of preparing chicken, with the darker meat which has been rubbed with Vegeta. Complete the meal with the fresh vegetables and cook all together in the oven. Vegeta will complete this recipe.
- Rub Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder over the chicken drumsticks and thighs and cook in hot oil, for about 5 minutes, or until they turn golden in colour. Then cover with cognac. Remove from the pan, place the meat in a dish and cover, to keep warm.
- Using the same pan and oil in which the chicken was cooked in, cook the carrot, celery and brussel sprouts, for a few minutes.
- Transfer the vegetables into an oven proof dish and arrange the chicken pieces over the vegetables. Add 100 ml water and cover using al-foil. Bake in the preheated oven at 200ºC for 30 minutes.
- To prepare the sauce: mix the olive oil with the Vegeta Gourmet Stock Powder, lemon juice and cognac.
- After 30 minutes of baking remove the al-foil and spread the sauce over the meat pieces. Return to oven for another 10 minutes, uncovered.
Adding Vegeta Stock to the recipes in the early stages of cooking brings out the flavour of the ingredients. Adding Vegeta towards the end of recipe preparation provides the aroma and when sprinkled over the meat, it makes it deliciously tasty and crispy.