Well known Asian recipe is often on the menu in various restaurants, here is a recipe how to prepare spring rolls at home.
This recipe has been developed in accordance with the Heart Foundation recipe development guidelines.
|Preparation time||50 min|
|Energetic value||708 kcal / 2959 kJ|
|1 tbsp||olive oil|
|100 g||fresh red capsicum, cubed|
|1 tsp||Vegeta Delight stock powder|
|1 tbsp||parmesan cheese, grated|
|300 g||filo pastry|
|Sunflower oil for frying|
|1/2 tsp||Tabasco sauce|
|100 ml||apple juice|
|5 tbsp||reduced salt soy sauce|
- Cook the cauliflower, carrot and leek in hot water until they soften, drain and let cool.
- Heat up olive oil in a pan and fry capsicum until soft, let cool.
- Break the cauliflower into small florets and cut the carrot and leek into julienne style pieces.
- Combine all the vegetables in a bowl, sprinkle with Vegeta Delight stock and parmesan cheese and stir through.
- Cut filo pastry into squares (18×18cm). In the middle of each square place 2 teaspoons of the vegetable mix. Brush the edges of the pastry with the egg, fold two other sides inwards and roll to close. Do this with the remainder of the ingredients.
- Fry spring rolls in hot oil, each side roughly 2 minutes and place on an absorbent paper towel.
- Sauce: In a cup combine apple juice, soy sauce, Tabasco sauce and mix well.
Serve the prepared spring rolls with the sauce.
Drain the cooked vegetables well and before cutting, dry them using an absorbent paper towel.